Office Closure Due to COVID-19
March 17th, 2020
URGENT MESSAGE TO OUR PATIENTS:
Dear Gupta Orthodontics Family,
We have made the difficult decision to close our office temporarily until 3/30/2020 to aid in the effort to slow the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus). The last couple of days have been very difficult as we have wrestled with decisions that affect our business, team, patients, and community. Based on the CDC and the American Dental Association guidelines and recommendations we feel an enormous social responsibility to limit our contact with others and do our part to “flatten the curve”. We know we will not prevent it, rather slow its progression so we do not overwhelm our healthcare system. We know when we reopen the virus will still be around and we will all still be taking precautions. Precautions in our business include daily rigorous infection control standards (we do this all the time with or without the threat of COVID-19).
In response, Gupta Orthodontics is taking the following actions:
- We are closing our office starting at 1:30 pm on 3/17/2020 and plan on resuming normal hours on 3/30/2020.
- We will be reaching out to all patients via phone, email, or text to reschedule.
- We have put together a list of FAQ that will be helpful in answering many of your questions. The PDF of the FAQ can be accessed by clicking here:
- We are offering patients the option of doing a virtual visit. This allows you to send photos of your teeth to our office and receive feedback on the progress of your treatment right from your cell phone. Please visit the virtual consult page on our website for more details. If you have any issues with the app on our website you may also manually send us the photos using the instructions in the handout at this link:
- Our on-call emergency line is available (972-265-9639). We will attempt to walk you through how to handle the issue yourself and also be available on a limited basis for emergencies that cannot wait.
We know this is a significant inconvenience to everyone, particularly those who were scheduled to have braces removed. This is an unprecedented situation with new information coming out constantly. We will continue to stay in contact with all of our patients for further updates. This is our opportunity to do our part as a society and help each other and protect the most vulnerable. We sincerely thank you for your patience and understanding through this process.
Dr. Deepak Gupta & the team at Gupta Orthodontics